Thursday, October 29, 2009

The nest!

THE KITCHEN




So one of the wonderful things about being married is making this little house a home! The house was built in the 1950s which explains the pink and green kitchen!



(check out the pink sink!)





I love the kitchen and really have tried to keep up the pink and green theme!
I found some neat paper at the bookstore and made this MARTIN sign, and some magnets



THE BATHROOM

One of the rooms that has had the most improvements is the bathroom (thanks to my brothers who stripped all the wallpaper and painted it!)














In the picture on the right you can see the miror frame that I painted black and some pictures of my study abroad I put up.


THE STUDY ROOM




This might be my favorite room. This is only a corner of it, but I love this room, its a combination of travel items, maps, wedding pictures, BYU fanatic things, and a neuroscience poster for Ryan. He said if he was going to study at home he needed space where he could spread out all his stuff, and a room that he enjoyed. So that was the main "theme" of this room! (Ryan likes to call it "the den" but I don't think we have quite enought stately mahogany furniture to dub it "the den":)




THE LIVING ROOM


So I thought the wood paneling would be the bain of my existence, but, like the kitchen, its grown on us. Its perfect for "log cabin" pictures :) Now I'm just trying to figure out how to tie in red, black, tan, blue, and white!





This is the little entertainment center I painted. We got it from a yard sale with out washer and dryer, it was originally the color of....the wood paneling on the wall! The top is my scanty fall decorations!


No comments:

Post a Comment