Ryan and I always like to fantasize about the things we will buy when I have a job. I'm excited about thicker toilet paper and more vegetables. Ryan cannot wait for cheese sticks and occasional steak dinners. This might sound pretty pathetic, but we enjoy this life and we enjoy being newly married college students. It makes treats so much more exciting! Life is so good!
AND we got Samoas on Saturday at the grocery store! We have a little secret called the treat jar. Luckily, the girl scouts accepted $3.50 in quarters, nickles, and dimes.

Ryan and I realized that Samoas cost about $.25 a cookie! Also, I have always wondered why they are called Samoas. Were they created in Samoa? I still have no idea. Someone tell me if you know the secret behind the Samoa. Also I would be interested if anyone had a homemade Samoa cookie recipe :)
funny quote:
ReplyDelete"samoas...favorite girl scout cookie...gnargnar rugby opponent"
lol
I came across this recipe a while ago. I tried it out. They aren't exactly like the girl scout ones, but taste pretty close to it!
ReplyDeletehttp://bakingbites.com/2008/01/homemade-girl-scout-cookies-samoas/
Being a student on a little budget is the best! It builds character, right? :) And I agree-- it's fun to dream about what you'll buy when things are different. Someday, I'm going to buy the Prairie Grains Wheat Bread every time, even when it's not on sale!
ReplyDeleteYou guys are SO cute! I love reading your blog! I have no idea how to make Samoa's but surely you can find it on google - I think I can google everything! And I hate to burst your bubble but it's fun even when you're not a student dreaming of what you might buy or do someday! Enjoy the ride! Life is good! Can't wait to spend time with you both this weekend! Love ya tons! Oh and - PS - I LOVE YOUR MUSIC!! Eagles are the best! My era...
ReplyDeleteHi Chelsea!! So I just noticed that you had a blog while I was reading through Brookes! I'm excited to have found you so I can keep up with you and Ry.
ReplyDeleteI personally have no idea why these cookies are called Samoa's, but I agree with you that they are delicious! :)Talk to you soon.